Is Your cat afraid of visitors?
Does your cat hide when you have visitors or parties?
4 Expert Tips to Help your Cat Cope with Visitors
Cats like routine
- Parties, celebrations and visitors are great fun for us, but bring a lot of discomfort for your cat
- Lots of noise, moved furniture, different people, new smells, altered routines can be stressful for our cats
Use FELIWAY® Help!
- FELIWAY® Help! releases happy messages continuously for 7 days
- Plug in the room where your cat will spend most of their time during your planned event, ideally 1-2 days beforehand
- Suitable an area up to 500 square foot area
- Try FELIWAY® risk free with a 60 day satisfaction guarantee
Peace and quiet
- Make sure your cat has a room that is away from the noise, somewhere they can snuggle up and feel secure during the festivities
- Have elevated placed and/or hiding places for your cat
- Make sure your guests know to leave your cat undisturbed in this room
- Ensure your cat can still access their resources (water, food, litter trays and scratching posts) easily without having to interact with your visitors
- Ask visitors to let your cat come to them, to not stare at your cat and stroke their head or neck
- Have treats or toys to hand so that your guests can interact with your cat in a positive way
To help you understand why cats can be afraid of visitors, we thought we'd write an article from a cat's point of view. You'll see that providing for your cat's needs can maintain their happiness.The holiday season can be one of the most challenging times for cats to cope with, as the home is full of changes and guests. Read this article to see how tor eassure your cat during the Christmas celebrations. You'll also find suggestions on how to help your cat cope and be happy during this festive time.
Cats tend to hide if things get too much for them. This is their way of coping. To understand more about cat hiding read our article, Why do cats hide and what you can do about it.This will help you encourage your cat to return to their normal happy interactive character.
FELIWAY Help! is ideal for temporary stressful situations, one cartridge lasts for 7 days, so is ideal to help reduce signs of cat stress when you have visitors or are planning a party.
See “Happy Together’ stories of cats helped by FELIWAY
How FELIWAY stopped Simon Peeing on furniture
How to get Bird the cat to the vet